Sunday, March 2, 2008

Kids on golf course !

Went out for a spin of 9 holes at the Clearwater Sanctuary Golf Resort yesterday morning with Viv and the kids. Had been a while since I promised to bring along Chloe and Ryan. As usual, it takes us quite some time to 'get ready' and gobble up our breakfast and we finally reached the golf course at around 9.30 am. There was some threat of black clouds and rain along the way, but luckily, not only that it didn't pour, but we were blessed with some pretty calm and cool weather. Still, the kids were still pretty 'burned', ha-ha.





We had lotsa fun, as after a few holes, I decided to let them hit off the tees for the fun of it. Ha-ha, seems like we have a 'Jim Furyk' in this golf house-hold :-). Funny swing but it works ! Chloe actually managed to get her first official bogey at the last hole - teeing off with her 5-iron from 120m, hitting it onto the green (pin high) with her 9-iron, and 2 putted ! Clap, clap, clap :-)

Well, it's Sunday again - one more day and tomorrow will begin again with another typical early departure back to Penang for work. Wonder when will I get used to this monotony but I guess I'll never. Suck it up, suck it up, it's for the sake of everyone ...... slowly but surely, the roots are being cultivated in Ipoh and Penang seemingly will (have) become just a 'work' stop for me, as 'home' is down south, 150km away during the weekends :-( Wonder if this is hereditary, hmm, coz my dad did this travelling thingy for a decade or so last time. Oh well, hopefully, this little sacrifice will augur well for the near future and turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Could it be just 'round the corner ? 2008 supposed to be a bumper year for the 'Rooster' (!?), so I read. At least now, I have a good pal in TF to accompany me, as it has been difficult to get used to solidarity as after all, the family has never been separated since day one.

No comments: