Gosh ! All 39 years, 09 hours & 53 minutes on Planet Earth and counting ! It's not very long, but not short either. It has been a pretty arduous, eventful and twisty journey, coupled with a mix of joy, pain, excitement, grief, laughter and tears. Well, probably every person has their own route mapped out, but I guess everyone's journey will have to endure thru these paths of life, sooner or later. I always believe life is never a randomized set of events, and pretty much, things happen because they suppose to - some people call it Destiny. I don't really care what it is called but I always believe the day one is born, the path has been set (most of it), and there is only so much one can do (based on what one has been bestowed with - talents, IQ, compassion, hatred, you name it) to 'modify' it. Gotta convey my profound gratitude to my Parents for bringing me into this world to experience this Wide World of Emotional Roller-Coaster ! Thanks Mum & Dad :-)
Well, was my trip a very successful and accomplished one ? Hmm, Yes and No. Career wise, seems like I've been driving on an expansive expressway with not much 'light' at either end of it, but being on the expressway, it's a safe and comfortable journey - pretty much redundant, plodding along aimlessly (most of the time), interjected with some interesting 'stop-overs', to rejuvenate the much needed oomph and energy to carry on. Sigh. Destiny to 'labor' all the way till retirement ? I think I've already started to accept this fact, so, I can happily move on with the rest of my life.
My most prized possession and achievement has always been my family - Viv and the kids. Well, I strongly consider this to be an over-achievement personally, knowing Viv since high school (Gosh, that was eons ago ! - Ha-ha, sorry Viv, I know you don't like the 'measure' of it), and the kids, well, the day they 'emerged' into this world (what a miracle !) till now and thereafter, Chloe and Ryan will always be my crown jewels. Well, if I leave this world someday, at least the satisfaction is there, having 'achieved' something significant in my life.
Not forgetting, of course, my friends - having no sibling, friends have always been an important part of my life, from my childhood to the present ones. They have played a big part, shaping my life, providing limitless amount of fun, company, anguish - all the ups and downs. So, you people out there - a simple word of Thanks, for being, my pals ! And, to my colleagues and friends (YP, TT, CC, ST, Irene, BK, Teh, PM, KY), a big 'Thank You' for remembering and also for the lunch :-) Looking forward to next year's already !
Oh, have been getting a lot of messages and calls since 7 am (Viv, Thanks for waking me up !). You know who you are and I very much appreciate it :-) Hmm, am expecting a few more to filter in soon .......
You think I won't bring up the election thingy again in this blog, ha-ha-ha, fat chance ! I will make it short though. I have to, because the riot back in May 1969 then, cost me my breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper, well, almost. Mum said she just about run short of milk powder because of the nationwide curfew ! Well, luckily we were in Ipoh, not as bad as in KL, else ...... Malaysia's political future will be of much interests in the next few hours with the impending announcement of Pak Lah's Cabinet at High Noon !
Cheers !
Well, was my trip a very successful and accomplished one ? Hmm, Yes and No. Career wise, seems like I've been driving on an expansive expressway with not much 'light' at either end of it, but being on the expressway, it's a safe and comfortable journey - pretty much redundant, plodding along aimlessly (most of the time), interjected with some interesting 'stop-overs', to rejuvenate the much needed oomph and energy to carry on. Sigh. Destiny to 'labor' all the way till retirement ? I think I've already started to accept this fact, so, I can happily move on with the rest of my life.
My most prized possession and achievement has always been my family - Viv and the kids. Well, I strongly consider this to be an over-achievement personally, knowing Viv since high school (Gosh, that was eons ago ! - Ha-ha, sorry Viv, I know you don't like the 'measure' of it), and the kids, well, the day they 'emerged' into this world (what a miracle !) till now and thereafter, Chloe and Ryan will always be my crown jewels. Well, if I leave this world someday, at least the satisfaction is there, having 'achieved' something significant in my life.
Not forgetting, of course, my friends - having no sibling, friends have always been an important part of my life, from my childhood to the present ones. They have played a big part, shaping my life, providing limitless amount of fun, company, anguish - all the ups and downs. So, you people out there - a simple word of Thanks, for being, my pals ! And, to my colleagues and friends (YP, TT, CC, ST, Irene, BK, Teh, PM, KY), a big 'Thank You' for remembering and also for the lunch :-) Looking forward to next year's already !
Oh, have been getting a lot of messages and calls since 7 am (Viv, Thanks for waking me up !). You know who you are and I very much appreciate it :-) Hmm, am expecting a few more to filter in soon .......
You think I won't bring up the election thingy again in this blog, ha-ha-ha, fat chance ! I will make it short though. I have to, because the riot back in May 1969 then, cost me my breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper, well, almost. Mum said she just about run short of milk powder because of the nationwide curfew ! Well, luckily we were in Ipoh, not as bad as in KL, else ...... Malaysia's political future will be of much interests in the next few hours with the impending announcement of Pak Lah's Cabinet at High Noon !
Cheers !


3 comments:
Happy Birthday Ivan!
Thanks YP. And, what a great yummy lunch it was :-)
Happy birthday, housemate! Continue to inspire the ppl around you! :)
Post a Comment