Well, gosh, it has been like an eternity since I last posted anything. Ha-ha, I can briskly offer a bunch of excuses - no, not just plain lazy, lar. You see, since I got my loaned Nikon D-SLR from my bro-in-law last Christmas, most of my time has been gobbled up with this new passion of mine - photography. Spent most of my lonely weekends in Penang taking a gazillion amount of photos, going to spots in Penang that I would not have gone.
Now, spending time taking photos are one thing, but in actual fact, much more time is spent in doing the post-processing work, particularly the fun in experimenting the various creative method via the digital darkroom approach. Put it this way, probably I would not have indulged myself into the photography field if we are still stuck in the film area :-)
Anyway, if you have some time and interested in the appreciation of photographic artistry (photography and arts are very much mutually associated now), check out some the photos in my Flickr website. It is also portrayed at the right side on the main page of my Blogger page. Feel free to drop in any constructive comment ! With the advent of digital photography nowadays, Flickr is one of the really cool creative photo/video-hosting website to enable us to share our photos and essentially, to form a personal network or community. If you are not a member yet, do check it out.
Well, I wanna talk a little about my beloved soccer team - Liverpool. I have been utterly gutted the past few months, looking at the way how the Reds kept dropping precious points at home against sides which 'supposedly to be beaten'. With Man Utd continuing to garner points consistently, Liverpool is evidently trailing behind now. Having said this, the past two matches performances (vs. Real Madrid in the Champs League & yesterday vs. Man Utd in the English BPL) have been incredibly surreal. Pumping in 8 goals in total (and conceding only one thru a penalty) past these 2 biggest clubs in the world, within the span of 4 days was just un-thinkable ! For me, the most memorable has to be the 4 goals Liverpool blasted past the 'sure-win' Red Devils. You could have asked every soccer pundits or fans and they would tell you Liverpool would crash and burn at Old Trafford, prior to the match. Huh ! Huh ! Stranger things happened, I guess ! I believed the pressure to win and the hunger to defy the odds, had augured well for the underdogs. Doing a double on their arch-rival (Liverpool also beat Man Utd at Anfield earlier in the season) was the final icing on the cake, and not forgetting that this is the biggest margin of victory since 1936. Utterly breath-taking. Moving forward, I sincerely hope Liverpool can march on with the same fiery determination towards the end of the season, inclusive of the Champions League.
Now, spending time taking photos are one thing, but in actual fact, much more time is spent in doing the post-processing work, particularly the fun in experimenting the various creative method via the digital darkroom approach. Put it this way, probably I would not have indulged myself into the photography field if we are still stuck in the film area :-)
Anyway, if you have some time and interested in the appreciation of photographic artistry (photography and arts are very much mutually associated now), check out some the photos in my Flickr website. It is also portrayed at the right side on the main page of my Blogger page. Feel free to drop in any constructive comment ! With the advent of digital photography nowadays, Flickr is one of the really cool creative photo/video-hosting website to enable us to share our photos and essentially, to form a personal network or community. If you are not a member yet, do check it out.
Well, I wanna talk a little about my beloved soccer team - Liverpool. I have been utterly gutted the past few months, looking at the way how the Reds kept dropping precious points at home against sides which 'supposedly to be beaten'. With Man Utd continuing to garner points consistently, Liverpool is evidently trailing behind now. Having said this, the past two matches performances (vs. Real Madrid in the Champs League & yesterday vs. Man Utd in the English BPL) have been incredibly surreal. Pumping in 8 goals in total (and conceding only one thru a penalty) past these 2 biggest clubs in the world, within the span of 4 days was just un-thinkable ! For me, the most memorable has to be the 4 goals Liverpool blasted past the 'sure-win' Red Devils. You could have asked every soccer pundits or fans and they would tell you Liverpool would crash and burn at Old Trafford, prior to the match. Huh ! Huh ! Stranger things happened, I guess ! I believed the pressure to win and the hunger to defy the odds, had augured well for the underdogs. Doing a double on their arch-rival (Liverpool also beat Man Utd at Anfield earlier in the season) was the final icing on the cake, and not forgetting that this is the biggest margin of victory since 1936. Utterly breath-taking. Moving forward, I sincerely hope Liverpool can march on with the same fiery determination towards the end of the season, inclusive of the Champions League.
--- "You'll Never Walk Alone !" ---


2 comments:
wah.. Welcome back. I tot you have given up on blogging!
Wow, you're fast. Thought I would need to announce on FB, else no one will bother to check in, hahaha. Just either procrastination or just plain lazy :-)
Post a Comment