Monday, March 16, 2009

Chillin' out in Ipoh

Today spells a stretch of 3 days leave in Ipoh - just wanna spend some time with my family after a 3 weeks separation. Might as well use the 'free leave' in one stretch :-). Still gotta wake up early to send the kids to school though !

Oh yes, I've had an eventful day trying to shoot some dynamic shots of my kids during their sports day last weekend. Considering my first attempt to shoot motion, I did learn a thing or two. The gloomy morning didn't really help, esp. when I needed to pump up the shuttle speed - Thank God for high ISO capability of my D200 ! Hmm, also my first time of taking shots in the rain ! Partially shielding myself and the camera under a temporary shade, I tried my best to zoom in to Chloe as the upper primary kids tried to finish their events under the constant drizzle. At these times, I really appreciate my weather resistant D-SLR ! Check out my Facebook later, for some photos :-)

Switching on the TV yesterday night, I was greeted with a pleasant surprise of witnessing Malaysia grabbing two badminton titles at the Swiss Open (Men's singles and doubles). Just when I've given up hope of Chong Wei ever beating a fit Lin Dan, the lad actually overwhelmed the mercurial Chinese in straight sets ! Hopefully, this will do a whole world of good for Chong Wei's mental strength, as this is the first international title after he became the World No.1 last year !

Ciao for now, as I have tons of photos from both the kids' Sports Day and the Teluk Kumbar ones to be post-processed.

No comments: